Announcing the VIVEPORT Developer Awards
08.25.16. Making VR content is no easy task whether one is telling a story, capturing real life places and moments, creating art, enabling productivity, or revolutionizing retail. The developer community is driving VR innovation by creating inspiring experiences and the team at Viveport wants to recognize creators for their work and empower them to define the future of VR with the global Viveport Developer Awards.
The Viveport Developer Awards nominees and award winners will be honored for achieving pioneering VR experiences on the Viveport platform, demonstrating creativity and generating customer engagement, in the following VDA categories:
- Discover: Apps that transport and transcend, taking us to places and times in ways never imagined before VR. Lifestyle and educational apps that enlighten and empower people to gain insight into the world or themselves.
- Create: Apps that embrace creativity as well as tools for design and utility that transform our daily lives; inspire new forms of art or music, enable storytelling, and encourage productivity.
- Connect: Apps that enable and appeal to the social side of VR life; helping people share experiences, communicate, network, keep informed, or ease collaboration.
- Watch: Apps that are innovations on storytelling or sharing 360-video and 2D video experiences; scripted or unscripted narratives, news to sports, animation to documentary, and virtual theaters for aggregators.
- Shop: Apps that transform the retail experience and those that reinvent the relationship between consumer and brand; immersive store design, virtual storefront tools, reimagined products displays, and branded narratives that drive new forms of brand affinity.
Titles published on Viveport between the Friday, August 25th through midnight Pacific Time on November 30, 2016, are eligible for consideration, subject to the terms and condition of the contest (For complete Official Rules click here and frequently asked questions about the VDAs).