2.0.18.2 - Cosmos Elite (Exteranl tracking faceplace)- Vive Console restarting on random intervals.

NerevarDZN

Good day.
I'm experiencing proplem with my Cosmos Elite Headstet. After update vive console to 2.0.18.2 my  headsed disconects itself on random intervals. Screen goes to black for couple seconds and it goes back up, and tracking is intact. Sometimes screen goes black until i won't restart Vive console manually.
After reinstalling all entire vive software ( steamVR included) and contacting the Vive support,  they advised me standard troubleshoot, and backroll nVidia drivers to previous version ( 466.77) to see if problem persist.
I've checked all DP/US combinations possible on my rig. Updated the motherboard drivers. Nothing helped so far.

I only managed to capture one error code (this was after backrolling Nvidia drivers.

image.png

I'm running Win10
 AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core Processor   
 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER

32GB RAM 3200 MHz

Everything worked fine before this update. I Would like to know what i could also do befroe sending headset for checkup.

image.png

On 8/22/2021 at 8:25 AM, NerevarDZN said:

Good day.
I'm experiencing proplem with my Cosmos Elite Headstet. After update vive console to 2.0.18.2 my  headsed disconects itself on random intervals. Screen goes to black for couple seconds and it goes back up, and tracking is intact. Sometimes screen goes black until i won't restart Vive console manually.
After reinstalling all entire vive software ( steamVR included) and contacting the Vive support,  they advised me standard troubleshoot, and backroll nVidia drivers to previous version ( 466.77) to see if problem persist.
I've checked all DP/US combinations possible on my rig. Updated the motherboard drivers. Nothing helped so far.

I only managed to capture one error code (this was after backrolling Nvidia drivers.

image.png

I'm running Win10
 AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core Processor   
 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER

32GB RAM 3200 MHz

Everything worked fine before this update. I Would like to know what i could also do befroe sending headset for checkup.

image.png

Same issue for me here as well. I played for about two hours last night and had two blackouts (it came back by itself in about 30 seconds) and one grey screen that required me to disconnect my battery pack and reboot the headset (this was all during a game of Population One and couldn't have come at a worse time).

Prior to this update, I may only get one blackout every several hours of playtime (still frustrating, but not to this level). I will try to create a ticket and send logs next time it happens.

Still getting random grey and black screens. Last night, it happened not even two minutes after booting the headset. This is on the latest Nvidia drivers and the 2.0.18.5 beta. I am going to uninstall the GPU drivers using DDU but I suspect this will still continue to occur. Here's the wireless log from last night if that helps.

HtcCU_20210831_204315_20220.txt

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just to let people know i had to order a new cable and that solve the issues for me. They came out with a new 2.0 cable which was 20 dollars more than the 1.0 cable. My cable was starting to deteriorate from inside and outside finally.

Edited by thecapedknight

On 12/9/2021 at 5:58 PM, thecapedknight said:

Just to let people know i had to order a new cable and that solve the issues for me. They came out with a new 2.0 cable which was 20 dollars more than the 1.0 cable. My cable was starting to deteriorate from inside and outside finally.

Can you share a link to the cable you're referring to? Thanks!