OpenXR support for Focus 3 Early Access - application form

dario

Note: This closed early preview of the OpenXR alpha for Focus 3 is now closed.  If you have an urgent request please let us know. NDAs will no longer be required for the public beta - but you still need to register to obtain the firmware update for the beta.

For the early access (private alpha) please apply here:
---------------

Unfortunately at this time, only native and Unity support will be provided. UE support in now in UE5

Unity developers should start familiarizing themselves with Unity's latest OpenXR plugin package. Once accepted you'll be given access to our package that will provide Focus 3 feature support. Code remains the same if you're supporting a cross platform like Unity's XR Interaction toolkit or our Vive Input Utility (VIU) toolkit and possibly several others if they support the XR management system.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/21/2022 at 3:08 AM, GoranW said:

Yes. I'm on a very short deadline to determine whether to go for native OpenXR or some other API/engine, for targeting both Vive Focus 3 and Oculus Quest simultaneously.

FWIW, I would *absolutely* target OpenXR first if I were starting a new project right now.

• Like 1