How does older gpus holding up with a VP2 ?

Hello, I own a 1080 Ti and I find the image to be very blurry, I found out that my gpu is "too old" to display native resolution and I'm limited to high. Only RTX gpus are able to show the full resolution but I think it's a little bit of an injustice (see below) as my rtx 2060 super is "able" to go on extreme preset.. which we all know is going to be a real struggle for this card of course and this is totally normal, but as the 1080 Ti has plenty of power still and I acknowledge the lack of display stream compression, is there anyway having an update with more presets choices ? 

The big issue for me is the high refresh rate of the ultra preset, if we do add a new preset of the same resolution with lower refresh rate I'm pretty convinced we could get it working on older gpus (I've seen a similar post somewhere) and as such having much more clarity as I've seen with my 2060 super even if I had like 20 fps haha.

-Some example of that might be : "UltraRefCap( 4896x2448, 60 Hz)" might be doable without DSP.

I hope you guys will take the time to read, I'm really looking forward on this subject, it's really interesting to see if you could do something about this and If I or we can contribute to get the best software possible for us.

Love you HTC <3, Lucas.

• Like 2

I'm on an RTX card, but I'll give a big second on your suggestion.  There are many games (simulators especially) where resolution is more important than Hz.  60 or even 45 is often quite acceptable.  My interest in this comment though is primarily because this would be a fantastic option for wireless.  Since DSC is not supported in wireless either, I would absolutely love an option where I could get Ultra resolution at 60 or 45 Hz than to not get it at all.

1+++

Edited by Gildahl

14 hours ago, Gildahl said:

I'm on an RTX card, but I'll give a big second on your suggestion.  There are many games (simulators especially) where resolution is more important than Hz.  60 or even 45 is often quite acceptable.  My interest in this comment though is primarily because this would be a fantastic option for wireless.  Since DSC is not supported in wireless either, I would absolutely love an option where I could get Ultra resolution at 60 or 45 Hz than to not get it at all.

1+++

Even if it's not the full resolution but at least close to it and a lower refresh rate I will be more than happy

And I could keep my GPU for just a little longer

• Like 1