Cosmos - Can not connect to DisplayPort at setup + Headset Not Detected Error

Torr44

Hi,

I'm having a set up issue with my Cosmos w/ link and 1660 Ti with single monitor.  During the setup I get stopped at the detection phase. 

Link - Green light comes on, red light comes on headset, all cables appear secure.  I've tried taking everything out and replacing and powering off/on. Checked for system updates, updated VIVE console and rebooted.

USB - Setup eventually confirms the USB, though suggests a 3.0 connection.  I checked the Device for system and it does show USB 3.0 available.  I've tried multiple USB ports built into motherboard and top-of-case USB by headphones jack.  Windows does make the "connected/disconnected" noise if I turn the link on/off. 

DisplayPort - Setup will spin for awhile then do a popup instructions (showing not to plug into the motherboard displayport, instead use graphics card port.)  I've tried other slots on graphics card.  Never connects or confirms.

VIVE Console - Error 001 : Headset is not connected.

Thanks.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the same issue, how did you fix it?

I am running a RTX 2070 which is recognising the display port but the USB detection tells me I need a usb3.0 or higher which I have, I am running other usb3.0 peripherals. I have tried every usb port on the PC with the same result, I have been through the supports pages recommendations and I have even uninstalled after MoBo driver and windows updates then re-installed. No success but lots of frustration.

Edited by Daniel Moloney

what fixed it for me is buying a new power plug I found that I had been pushing the end into the link box too hard which caused the same issue I found just lightly plugging in until you hear a click and had no issues since. you can buy a new plug on the HTC website.

Edited by Benzo
spelling mistake

I have the same problem with my vive cosmos. USB connect then disconnect in a loop. In the setup guide display port connected then disconnect. USB give an error plug to usb 3.0 but it is connected to usb 3.0. after I reconnect the usb the status changed to detecting usb connection then the setup guide close. The status in vive console is 001. Try all the usb port. Same problem.