Broken Vive - What Should I Do?

Bladewing

A while back, I was playing my Vive with a friend when he had to go. I put my Vive on the floor temporarily as I indended to come right back and continue the game where I left off, but my friend and I ended up staying outside to enjoy the night sky for much longer than I would have liked. When he finally did leave, I came back in my room to find my Vive soaked in dog urine; apparently I had forgotten to close the door all the way and one of my dogs snuck in and decided a delicate headset worth hundreds of dollars was the best place to relieve himself. Needless to say, I was livid.

What should I do? I've read several horror stories about HTC's official repair service being pretty much rock-bottom, so I'm reluctant to try and send it in for repairs. I'd try and buy just the headset itself, but as far as I know there isn't an option for that. So my current strategy, when I get enough money to do so, is to simply buy an entirely new set and sell the parts I don't need afterward to recuperate some of the cost.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Archived