A Message to Vive

Your software and hardware has truly and completely driven me nuts. after years of owning multiple VR headsets from your company, never once has one actually worked as intended and given me a good or even average user experience. I write this post with the Vive trackers and battery back for my Vive Cosmos headset still attached to me after three full hours of trying to troubleshoot my headset in order to play. I have very few opportunities to actual play VR, so when I get all dolled up and ready to play just to end up wasting a pair of contacts and precious time of my life that I will never get back, I can't help but be livid. There is always some kind of software issue that never lets me play when I want to. At this point it almost seems like Vive themselves can see every computer that has their awful software installed on it and can control whether or not the software will decide to work that day. That's the thing that bothers me the most. For the past month, AT LEAST, I've been having major issues with just getting my PC to recognize the damned headset without it displaying some kind of USB malfunction. But funny thing is, two nights ago it worked fine. Made absolutely zero changes to my PC or headset. Decided, "screw it, lets give this a go," and connected my headset. Boom! It connects first try like normal and allows me to play for a solid 2 hours before having to go to bed for work the next day. And here I am, 2 days later. Weekend is here, as much time to play as I want, at least until my wireless battery dies. "Can't believe it actually connected that time perfectly! Can't wait to go again tonight!" And that's why I'm here right now. As you can probably guess, it didn't just connect like its supposed. I didn't get to use the multiple hundred dollar product that I paid for. "Calm down dude..." I can already hear you saying. But this is after years of using Vive headsets. Months of them just deciding to sometimes work, then sometimes not work, then going right back to working. None of them have ever just been usable straight out of the box and still running fine today without issue. Sorry that these are basically just the ravings of a madman, but that just seems to be the case now. This is what Vive has done to me. Spending so much money just to end up with paper weights in the end is infuriating. Mindlessly searching for troubleshooting guides, finding the same information that I've tried countless times to no results. It's really beaten me down. I just had to get all of that out. My final message to Vive: Get it together!