2D Apps Warped as VP App in Various .4XX Firmware Versions

andrew.palla

We own and manage a large number of Focus 3 systems internally and for various customers and end users. As part of several deployments, we use a build an OpenVPN client as a 2D app to connect to specific VPN services. In recent firmware versions (including 456), we are consistently seeing the OpenVPN app (which correctly appears in the 2D app sub menu) be stretched as if being rendered as a VR app. The app runs normally when loaded immediately following a batch config, but exhibits this failure in all subsequent runs, including after shutdowns and restarts. This app has been used successfully on the Focus 3 with 3XX firmware versions.

On 6/14/2022 at 2:20 AM, andrew.palla said:

We own and manage a large number of Focus 3 systems internally and for various customers and end users. As part of several deployments, we use a build an OpenVPN client as a 2D app to connect to specific VPN services. In recent firmware versions (including 456), we are consistently seeing the OpenVPN app (which correctly appears in the 2D app sub menu) be stretched as if being rendered as a VR app. The app runs normally when loaded immediately following a batch config, but exhibits this failure in all subsequent runs, including after shutdowns and restarts. This app has been used successfully on the Focus 3 with 3XX firmware versions.

Hey there, would you like to provide me the OpenVPN client so I can check and replicate here? You can contact me at VIVE_CT at Htc.com.
I've tried a few 2D apps in our end, but I don't see the stretched symptom as you mentioned. 

Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...

We see this with all tested builds of the OpenVPN client for Android, but I will specifically cite 0.7.34 and 0.7.37 from http://plai.de/android/. Also note that we see this same issue in 4XX even when the device is not configured via batch config. The issue has been reproduced by multiple staff members, on multiple devices, at multiple locations. We reverted to 316 and have no issues on systems configured accordingly.

Edited by andrew.palla