Vive Lighthouse Placement - New Home Construction

jpvonhemel

Hello,

My wife and I are buliding a new home and I want to hardwire a Vive lighthouse setup in the upper walls with power and run the sync cable behind the sheet rock.     My play area is dashed in the center of the room    Wondering where to place some power outlets high for the lighthouses so power is not running down the wall.

Thanks,
Jerold

Thank you for your response.   That is a closet on the southern wall.      When it comes to this bedroom, which I am using as a home office, could you ever see it needing more than two lighthouses?   I can place outlets in four corners, but once its built, it would be a bit more challenging.     I guess I am wondering if I should consider this with the goal of future proofing my room.

When it comes to VR, future proofing is kind of difficult since VR is very much in it's infancy and in the next couple years, newer better VR HMD's are sure to come to the masses and by then the existing HMD's will be nothing more than paper weights. So the possibility of new lighthouses (or maybe even lack of) and so on might be on the horizon. So what you build into your room now to keep clutter to a minimum might be for not when the next generation HMDs come out?

Regards: Jack

Archived