VIVE Eye tracking not working on Unity

Hi,

My team and I are trying to get eye tracking with the VIVE Pro Eye in Unity, but we always get the same error:

[SRanipal] Initial Eye : EULA_NOT_ACCEPT
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object)
ViveSR.anipal.Eye.SRanipal_Eye_Framework:StartFramework () (at Assets/ViveSR/Scripts/Eye/SRanipal_Eye_Framework.cs:90)

If SRuntime is closed before launching the scene, the Tobii manager initiallizes the Tobii provider (not the VIVE one) and the eye tracking works. If SRuntime was already opened, the icon is always green even without Unity running and the Tobii SDK falls back to the Nose provider. We've already checked the config at \AppData\LocalLow\HTC Corporation\SR_Config\SRAnipal_Config and everything seems right, the EULA is read and accepted, everything seems calibrated and we've turn off the auto updates just in case.

We are using the following:

• Unity 2020.3.30f1
  • HTC VIVE Pro Eye
  • OpenXR plugin with the TobiiXR SDK 3.0.1.179
  • SRanipal SDK 1.3.3.0

• 6 months later...

Hi CMangas,

I don't know if it will help, but we have a similar problem. In our case the configuration is:

• Unity 2019.3.0a2
  • HTC VIVE Pro Eye
  • SteamVR (it is an old development)
  • SRanipal SDK 1.3.0.9

In our case we have detected the problem in the installation of our software in new users (as I said it's an old development). I was able to find that our new clients have a Vive Pro Eye installation that installs SRanipal in the same process. On the contrary, our old customers have an installation of SRanipal following the following link after the installation of Vive Pro Eye: https://dl.vive.com/SRSDK/runtime/VIVE_SRanipalInstaller.msi

After finding this difference, for our new customers, I uninstalled the version of SRanipal installed by Vive Pro Software and installed SRanipal by following the link above. When the installation finished, I had to accept the Eula again, and this time, our software boots correctly without the EULA_NOT_ACCEPT error.

Apparently the version of SRanipal installed by Vive Pro Software and the link above is the same, but for some reason it doesn't work the same way.

Perhaps your case and our case are related in some way. It seems that the error is in how it initializes SRanipal.