Headset Mic

Emexrulsier

I have been playing Startrek and trying to use the headset built in mic but everyone says I sound very distant I litterally have to shout for people to hear me.  I don't think the mic is faulty as if I select "listen to device" to me I sound loud and clear.  In their any reason why once in steamvr that the mic volume is affected.  I can't see any mic settings in uplay do these have to be set from steam voice or another place?  I can't see any sort of gain or boost settings and within windows audio management the mic is 100%

Whats weird if I use my headset (off a descrete sound card) is that in the same game people say they can hear their own voice which I can't work out why this is either.  I use my Headset daily in teamspeak and never have this issue, but in steam vr the sound is echoy and like I mentioned people say they can hear their own voice.  I tested this morning in TS and no one could hear themselves, its almost as if they output channel was feeding into my mic maybe some steamvr issue managing audio.

These may be two unrelated issues. Firstly, Bridge Crew has its own internal volume controls that you access during the multiplayer lobby. There are sliders that allow you to adjust the send and receive volumes and by default they've lowered the send volume to a relatively low level. Secondly, the TS/SteamVR issue sounds like it could definitely be the audio being mis-routed through SteamVR. Ensure within SteamVR that the output devices align with Window's playback and recording devices settings.

Archived