Vive Focus 3 Gaming Question

peter887

I hope this is the right place to ask this question.

I recently bought a Quest 2, but I want to buy something better suited to PC gaming with better specs like bigger FOV and higher resolution and I would like wireless.

After reviewing all the headsets, I narrowed down my list of potential PC gaming headsets to the Vive Pro 2 with wireless adapter and the Valve Index, which unfortunately not have wireless.

But overall, I am most fascinated by the Focus 3 because it has better specs that the Quest, no FB account, and wireless.

Am I the only one who thinks it's sad or just find it weird that HTC is promoting that headset as business only? It seems like out of all the headsets, it's the best option to compete directly against the Quest. Maybe I'm just crazy, it could be that.

Yeah was thinking this as well. I've just picked up a Focus 3 for a massively reduced price and really wish the headset was targeted to power gamers as well as enterprise. If the official pricing was below the £1k mark, I'm sure it'd gain some traction.

BTW it is a fabulous headset in every way - far superior to my Cosmos.

On 8/3/2022 at 3:08 PM, peter887 said:

I hope this is the right place to ask this question.

I recently bought a Quest 2, but I want to buy something better suited to PC gaming with better specs like bigger FOV and higher resolution and I would like wireless.

After reviewing all the headsets, I narrowed down my list of potential PC gaming headsets to the Vive Pro 2 with wireless adapter and the Valve Index, which unfortunately not have wireless.

But overall, I am most fascinated by the Focus 3 because it has better specs that the Quest, no FB account, and wireless.

Am I the only one who thinks it's sad or just find it weird that HTC is promoting that headset as business only? It seems like out of all the headsets, it's the best option to compete directly against the Quest. Maybe I'm just crazy, it could be that.

The standalone feature is enterprise focused but the PCVR is prosumer orientated. The focus 3 has a lot of features regular people would never understand or be able to use. 

It is designed to be used as standalone and it's just recently it has catched up in the PCVR world. If you have the money get one but it won't be 1000% straightforward to get everything perfect. It's the best wireless headset out there. 

• 1 month later...

Hello, 

I can understand many features are not dedicated to every one. But I think it could be interesting to choose the usage of this headset. It's powerfull enough to be a nomad gaming nomad vr headset, but there's a lack of games. And close the system to the only business apps is a bit restrictiv. Maybe is there a security reason I don't understand ?

I'm convinced this headset could be very interresting for more people if it was more flexible, even for non-developpers.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/14/2022 at 1:59 PM, Nighthawk said:

Hello, 

I can understand many features are not dedicated to every one. But I think it could be interesting to choose the usage of this headset. It's powerfull enough to be a nomad gaming nomad vr headset, but there's a lack of games. And close the system to the only business apps is a bit restrictiv. Maybe is there a security reason I don't understand ?

I'm convinced this headset could be very interresting for more people if it was more flexible, even for non-developpers.

If you wanna game with the headset you do PCVR streaming no negotiation but games will arrive with the OPENXR support, games just gotta leave the facebook API