Unity Crashes when Starting Playmode with the newest VIVE OpenXR package and MRTK3 installed .

martini

Hello,

I am currently developing a VR application with the Focus 3 and MRTK3. Sadly it is impossible to use the latest Vive OpenXR package with the MRTK3, when starting the play mode unity crashes. - This doesn't happen with an older Version of the package (v1.0.6). Does anyone know the reason for these crashes. I tested this with the MRTKDevTemplate Unity Project.

Thanks in advance for any tips on this topic.

May I know what extensions and features you are trying to use in MRTK3 on Focus3?

For Focus3 via VBS, it does not support all of the OpenXR features provided by Vive OpenXR plugin. You can refer to this page for those supported features on Focus3 via VBS.

Could you also share the OpenXR settings in project setting if possible? It may give us more hints for this issue.

• 3 months later...

Hello, thank you for your answer, I found out that the problem still occurs without using the MRTK3 tool, when i Initialize XR sometimes Unity Crashes. Without the checkbox on "Compatibility mode" this problem still occurs.  I tested this with a nearly empty unity project where only openXR is enabled.

The Crashlog from Unity has following line concerning the crash and my openXR settings:
image.thumb.png.081d7bbfbe473eb8036959f1799e3987.pngimage.thumb.png.8fe3e217087e3f0bc2ea5fc0822aa54d.png

i also have the full crash log attached.

Some tests showed, that this problem only occurs, when the Vive Business Streaming Application is installed and the XR Headset is initialized with SteamVR on the Computer. Using only for example the VIVE Pro did not result in Unity crashes. (But only if Vive Business Streaming is not installed)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Editor.log

Edited by martini