Flip Home Room, Flip Games

Wirefox

Is there a way to flip the home room that you start in?  (not sure if that is a vive room or steam room).  I want menus are on the other side of the room (say it's a rectangle room and the room menus are on the long axis.. I want them on the other side.)

Also I feel like games start on various sides of the starting room.  Can I just always have all games sart on one side of a room? 

thanks

I think the games start in the direction they think is most appropriate based on your play area, i.e. if you notice on the "floor" there is usually an alignment grid so you can stand in the center of your play area and you will see an arrow a few feet out pointing one direction and a line 180º around for the back. So the games must know at least enough to orient you for more movement side to side versus front to back assuming most people's play area is not square.

As for that "room", the living room thing (with the patio and chirping birds) only started about a week ago. I turned it off because I prefer jut to hit the System button when I want to summon the menu. I don't see what the point is to having an extra layer of software to navigate through - more confusion. Also I think it interefered with clean exits from the games I usually play. Anyway, I'll let other people beat them up for a while until they make something useful out of it then I may try it again. IIRC I think it had a list of how many Steamies were playing what games, and I kind of liked that.

To your actual question, I don't know a way to flip it but I am by no means an authority and I know it is still a work in progress so you're doing well by making your suggestions known. 

I downloaded this Open VR advance setting .exe while had a room flip select.

Additionally, I found that during set-up the first time they ask you to point the control at your monitor and click.. if you do this in the opposite direction you'd expect, away from your monitor, the room will set up opposite. 

hopefully that made sense :)  thanks for the reply

Archived