Enable boundaries on VIVE FOCUS 3 LBE MODE

Villette Virtual

Hello,

We are a virtual reality center and we have recently purchased five focus 3 with LBE licenses, our room is 64 m2 but contains poles inside the room.  I would like to know if with the LBE license there is a way to draw boundaries of the shape I want to warn the players of the presence of the posts. I specify that we use VIVE Business Streaming to stream our game via a PC.

On the pictures we have not yet started the decoration of the room, I want to be sure that boundaries can be integrated inside the FOCUS 3 in LBE mode.

Thanks in advance for your help!

PXL_20230303_172542985 (1).jpg

PXL_20230303_172508858 (1).jpg

processed-6a2c0409-5ec9-46d0-b2f8-f4b283d113e6_uACl46aN (1).jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, you can draw your boundary manually to go around those posts, as you would with a "normal" non-LBE boundary. Just don't use the mobile app to set your boundary size and instead do it from within the headset.

Just make sure you request "Enable Boundary and Related UI" when you have your config made

Edited by Ben Woodford

Hello,

Thank you for your help! Do we agree that the batch is done via VBMS software? Because I have enrolled a FOCUS 3 on VBMS and made a batch with the option "Enable Boundary and Related UI" and my FOCUS 3 does not want to put itself in LBE mode it remains in non-LBE mode at startup. Any idea how the headset can restart in LBE mode?

Thanks for help!

Léo

On 3/20/2023 at 4:06 PM, Villette Virtual said:

Hello,

Thank you for your help! Do we agree that the batch is done via VBMS software? Because I have enrolled a FOCUS 3 on VBMS and made a batch with the option "Enable Boundary and Related UI" and my FOCUS 3 does not want to put itself in LBE mode it remains in non-LBE mode at startup. Any idea how the headset can restart in LBE mode?

Thanks for help!

Léo

Did you launch with VBMS or migrated from VBC + DMS? I can't really say anything on VBMS, since we've waiting since four months for the access and haven't heard any lifesign yet. But I did hear other operators talk about migration issues.
Also, a word of warning: We've found the built-in boundary system to be quite buggy using the headset drawing approach. We're having headsets (basically all except the golden headset) where they are only drawn upon controller contact, but not HMD contact, which can lead to people bumping into things. So make sure you're testing that on all devices.

Edited by sebastian_holocafe