No display on Cosmos Elite

T1mb3rJ4ck

Hello to all the community.

Sorry if this subject have benn already treated.

I just have bought the Cosmos Elite Headset. Just the headset, no controller, no lighthouse. 

I want to use it in VR in flight sims like DCS World with Joystick and Throttle i have.

I have an adapter to plug the headset cable in it. From the adapter, 3 cables : one to the electricity, one to the display port on the graphic card, and one to a 3.0 USB port.

1. Am i correct to say that i dont need any controller or base station ? I have read this on the official website of Vive. But everywhere else, it is written "you need at least one controller and one base station".
  2. When i start Vive console and Steam VR, the softwares say that everything is ok. My led is green. But inside the headset, all is grey. I just only see the stars in the sky when it starts, a few seconds.

I am a little lost with that situation... Any help will be welcome.

Many thanks in advance !

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/26/2023 at 10:48 PM, T1mb3rJ4ck said:

Hello to all the community.

Sorry if this subject have benn already treated.

I just have bought the Cosmos Elite Headset. Just the headset, no controller, no lighthouse. 

I want to use it in VR in flight sims like DCS World with Joystick and Throttle i have.

I have an adapter to plug the headset cable in it. From the adapter, 3 cables : one to the electricity, one to the display port on the graphic card, and one to a 3.0 USB port.

1. Am i correct to say that i dont need any controller or base station ? I have read this on the official website of Vive. But everywhere else, it is written "you need at least one controller and one base station".
  2. When i start Vive console and Steam VR, the softwares say that everything is ok. My led is green. But inside the headset, all is grey. I just only see the stars in the sky when it starts, a few seconds.

I am a little lost with that situation... Any help will be welcome.

Many thanks in advance !

You will need at least one base staion (1.0 or 2.0) to get any of the lighthouse compatible device running. 

Grey screen = no tracking.