cannot open setting

DDMcD

My issue is that the settings window will not open, so I cannot report it through the formal channel within the application. I attached a log snippet in another post I made regarding the subject.

I also cannot join the beta program to see if that fixes it as that too requires you go through the settings screen.

Additionally, having posted about this on Reddit I can confirm I am not the only person having the issue and it occurs on both Windows 10 and 11.

Edited by DDMcD

16 hours ago, DDMcD said:

My issue is that the settings window will not open, so I cannot report it through the formal channel within the application. I attached a log snippet in another post I made regarding the subject.

I also cannot join the beta program to see if that fixes it as that too requires you go through the settings screen.

Additionally, having posted about this on Reddit I can confirm I am not the only person having the issue and it occurs on both Windows 10 and 11.

Can you zip everything under this folder for me? I can have related R&D to take a look. Thanks
C:\ProgramData\HTC\ViveSoftware\ViveHUB

@DDMcDWe will handle this issue in the next release. Meanwhile, can you help me to copy the whole path from your PC so we can understand more on your PC?
C:\Users\[Your User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

4 hours ago, C.T. said:

@DDMcDWe will handle this issue in the next release. Meanwhile, can you help me to copy the whole path from your PC so we can understand more on your PC?
C:\Users\[Your User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

That's the issue.

I don't have a Startup folder there. I deleted it because I don't have anything in that startup and prefer to keep my menus clean. I created a Startup folder in that directory and I can now access the settings. While I'd prefer not to have it, and the application probably shouldn't depend upon it's existence, I'm more than happy with this work around.

Thank you.

• Like 1