Can't find "VIVE Focus 3 Support feature group" with the OpenXR plugin

Chloe Chen

Hello, I am new to HTC Vive Focus3 and Unity. 

So I was trying to build a virtual room for HTC Vive Focus3 with the tutorial from the forum and also the documentation from the HTC developer.

However, I encountered some problems 😞

(The Unity I used is version 2021.3.20f1)

The main problem was that when I turned to XR Plug-in Management and tried to enable OpenXR and VIVE Focus 3 Support feature group, I can't find "VIVE Focus 3 Support feature group" (as you can see in the screenshot)spacer.png  

In additions, I just bought the HTC facial tracker and eye gaze tracker. If I choose to use OpenXR for mobile VR as the SDK, and build my virtual room on Android platform, is that compatible for both of the trackers?

If my description causing any confusion, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

• 3 months later...

@Alex_HTC

Hi Alex! 

I just tried again and I followed this tutorial to install the vive openxr package. Also, it appears that there are no compile errors.

However, I still can't find  'VIVE Focus 3 Support feature group' in XR Plug-in Management.

There is only the 'VIVE XR Support feature group.' Is this the same as the 'VIVE Focus 3 Support feature group'?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, first I installed the latest version, probably 2022/2023 version. Then I had to switch to 2020 version for my work. So, I guess I no longer need OpenXR, coz I'm doing things with OpenVR now. 
By the way, I am facing new problems now, do I need vive focus to work on facial tracking thing? Because I have VIVE Pro eye 2, and doing everything with that, why the sites are redirecting me to vive focus 3 install or something? ISn't vive pro eye and vive focus 3 different devices? Sorry if I sound stupid, but I don't understamd how to see the demo of my facial feature being tracked through VIVE pro eye. FYI, I installed the necessary SDK as they instructed. 

Edited by Umme Afifa Jinan