Download speeds getting slower as game downloads?

CustomGraphix

So i just did the subscription and im trying to download the 5 games but i am getting really low speeds, i dont have anything blocking viveport, my net is fine my end, speedtest the speed all is fine, steam downlaods are 5mb/s+ as are anything done from chrome while viveport is sitting at 300kbs-600kbs.

Is there some sort of server issue affecting viveport at the moment? 

This is not the type of speeds i should be getting...

wrote:

Can you do a speedtest for your connection? I'd like to see how it stacks up.

Thanks,

-John C

I already quoted that i have done a speedtest and it was was fine, the normal speed i always get, all of my other downloads on every other platform/website is fine, it is not my end.

If i am getting 5mb/s (constant with no drops in speed) in everything else you can guess what it is.

wrote:

It was more directed at  but thanks. I'll look into this and see what's going on.

Thanks,

-John C

So is anything being done? issue is still there, everygame im downloading on viveport starts at around 4mb/s then around half way its down to 1.6mbs then towards the end its down to 500kbs, all other services are 100% fine.

It just took me almost 4hrs to download Knockout league....

If these are the speeds im looking to expect with viveport while everything else is fine i dont see myself renewing this subscription.

I can tell you we're aware of this and we are working to resolve it. I don't have an ETA, but it is a priority for us. I will keep you updated. If you haven't already, submit a trouble ticket through the Viveport  tool.

Thank you,

-John C

• 4 months later...

Just how much of a priority is it for you?  This issue persists, and is pretty much constant.  Either excrutiatingly slow downloads, or they just plain fail.

You're going to need to fix this soon.  You cannot charge a subscription fee and fail to deliver the goods ....

Archived