VIVE Pro controller tracking issues

Dividex

Hello, I'm having an issue where my controllers are not tracked in any games.  I'm currently using Steam VR.  The controllers are tracked within the steam home app.  I can see the virtual hands, pick things up throw them around.

Once I launch a game, I cannot see the controllers ( in games that you're supposed to see them ). If I click the menu button, the menu pops up and I can see the virtual controllers fine, tracking fine as well.  If I look up and hold the controllers higher up I get them to appear in game sometimes for a short time.

Is this a tracking issue? Sensor?  The controllers are tracked fine in the steam home game/application , but nowhere else. 

Any idea?

There could be a number of reasons why you're experiencing tracking issues with your VIVE Pro controllers.

Reflective surfaces, direct sunlight, and other infrared signals in your play area can interfere with the tracking. Remove reflective objects and make sure the area is well lit, but not with direct sunlight. Also, ensure your base stations have a clear line of sight to the controllers and headset.

The base stations should be correctly set up, powered on, and not in standby mode. They should be mounted on the wall in opposite corners of your play area, above head height (about 6.5 feet / 2 meters), and angled down by about 30-45 degrees. The status lights on the base stations should be solid green. If one or both of the status lights are not green, follow the manufacturer's instructions to resolve any base station issues.

Ensure that your VIVE Pro controllers and all other VIVE Pro equipment are up-to-date with the latest firmware. This can be checked via the VIVE desktop software.

If the controllers aren't being tracked properly, try resetting them. Hold down the App button and the System button on the controller until it turns off, then press the System button to turn it back on. Repeat this process for both controllers.

If resetting doesn't work, you might need to re-pair your controllers with the VIVE Pro. You can do this in the Devices section of the VIVE software on your computer.

Ensure there's nothing blocking the sensors on the controllers and that they're clean.

If none of these steps solve your issue, it's possible there's a hardware problem with one or both of your controllers. In this case, it would be best to contact VIVE support for further assistance.

https://www.vive.com/us/support/vs/category_howto/about-vive-streaming.html