Inquiry - AR and Object Tracking with HTC Products

noSweatallDry

Hello! I am an AR/VR Engineer Intern at a startup company. I am seeking options to develop a product that utilizes the following technologies:
- Augmented Reality (AR)

- Object Tracking

We were looking at utilizing the Focus 3 or any other headset that could be suggested alongside the Vive Tracker (3.0) for Object Tracking with Unity for AR.

I would like to know if anyone could offer any insights as to any potential issues and/or suggestions.

2 hours ago, Linkone said:

The XR Elite is slighlty better than the Focus 3 and offers all of you are looking for. You can also have multiple Vive Tracker as far as I know.

Hello Linkone!

I appreciate the comment. I believe I will be purchasing the Focus 3 and Multiple Vive Trackers with 2 Base Stations, but I was wondering if you could provide any assistance and/or anecdotal experience of this matter.

Here are the resources I've found and I'm wondering if you could also maybe comment on any issues that may occur attempting to do these:

Passthrough (https://developer.vive.com/resources/openxr/openxr-mobile/tutorials/unity/passthrough/)

Tracking (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw5LbNLW9Q4)

I haven t used the Vive trackers personally, but the passthrough is achievable using the Vive Open XR plugin, and that s exactly the guide you are going through. I am using Unity 2021.3 LTS version. Also I am using the XR Elite, so I am not sure how it will be in the Focus 3. It will require time to adjust settings to make it work as unfortunately the documentation is not really good from the HTC people and things are scattered all around, but it is doable.