Developing by OpenXR PC VR for VIVE XR Elite

MrKill

I am now using Unity with OpenXR Windows to develop for VIVE XR Elite. I found out that I have to use DX11 as the graphics API to make sure streaming works well after I press the 'Play' button in Unity. But I need to use OpenGL for some packages. Once I change the graphics API to OpenGL, I found that the steaming would not work any more. I mean, there is nothing in XR Elite but the Unity works fine according to its Game view.

How to use OpenGL while streaming works well? Is it possible?

I am using OpenGL to develop for the VIVE XR Elite standlone (so I don t have much choices from OpenGL). I haven't managed to get my setup done as well with Vive Streaming, but I can stream despite having some errors in the editor. So I think that the problem might simply be the UNity Version you are using. What version are you using?

1 minute ago, Linkone said:

I am using OpenGL to develop for the VIVE XR Elite standlone (so I don t have much choices from OpenGL). I haven't managed to get my setup done as well with Vive Streaming, but I can stream despite having some errors in the editor. So I think that the problem might simply be the UNity Version you are using. What version are you using?

I am aware that in the standalone mode, developing with OpenGL is feasible. And VIVE Streaming is used for PC VR mode instead of standalone mode.

I think your stream means the DirectPreview feature provided by WAVE SDK, which is you can see the game running on HMD when you simply press the Play button in the Unity Editor.

In the standalone mode, the recommanded graphics API is OpenGLES and Vulkan, while recomanded graphics API for PC VR is DirectX11. Therefore, would you mind change your build platform from Android to Windows, enable VIVE OpenXR Windows Plugin and try streaming via VIVE Business Streaming or VIVE Streaming? If you could do that, I believe there must be something wrong with my Unity. Thank you so much.