Adb does not exist. DirectPreview window is not showing Start Device APK after install Device APK

I am following this tutorial Using Direct Preview For Testing On The Headset With Unity - Developer Resources (vive.com), and I am a bit confused about step 6 of Confirm Unity is using the correct Android adb.exe file.

Where is the Oath variable? Is it in the System variable or in user variables?

I am getting Adb does not exist warning in the DirectPreview window. I did reboot my PC but still getting this.

image.png.36991934c82a54831bde028b692c1f5b.png

image.png.18da1d0191650bf1a74416260223bcd7.png

@1099

Howdy!

It seems there was an assumption in the tutorial that the ANDROID_HOME variable is set. This is common for native android folks, but less so for unity android folks.

You can fix this by setting adding the fully qualified path on your machihne.

For me, i've installed the android tools in "E:\env\AndroidSDK\platform-tools" 
For most others, they've installed android tools along with the unity editor itself, in which case the path would look similar to (but would have a different version) "C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2022.2.15f1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\SDK\platform-tools"

Thanks,
Alex

@Alex_HTC, I see! Mine looks like 

C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2022.2.15f1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\SDK

so I should set up

Variable as Path

and the value will be??

"C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2022.2.15f1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\SDK\platform-tools"

in the User variables window?