Vive app old?

Peter Flow

Hi!

I can't download the Vive app for android on Google play store. It just says "This app isn't available for your device because it was made for an older version of Android."

I have tried on two other Android phones and it was the same situation on them. All Samsung phones (Galaxy a13, a14 and a51). None of them are in the list of officially supported phones but they meet all other criteria I think. 

According to the message from Google the Vive app is to old to be allowed to be downloaded. So I'm wondering if anyone can download the app?

I have contacted the support and I've been waiting for an answer for a couple of day's now.

Side note:

I have also followed the guide "How do I update VIVE Flow to support iPhone?" to no avail. I have an IPhone through work so that could have worked just to get a glimpse and se that the device is working (other than the home screen). I don't seem to get the download mode, but another mode (with the lovely Matrix/DOS style text) while pressing the volume down button and connecting to the computer simultaneously.

• 4 weeks later...

Guten Tag,

(ref. Peter Flow, 06.12.2023, )

zu diesem Thema habe ich an den Support folgendes geschrieben:

Einrichtung der Vive Flow Brille auf einem Sony Xperia10 III mit Android 13

Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren,

für den Betrieb mit einem Sony Xperia 10 III mit Android 13 habe ich kürzlich eine Vive Flow Brille gekauft. Leider verweigert das Gerät die Installation der Vive App aus Google Play mit dem Hinweis, dass diese für eine ältere Android Version entwickelt wurde.

Nachdem das von Ihnen empfohlene "Gerät HCT Desire 22 pro" mit Android 12 ausgestattet ist, nehme ich an , dass diese Version Android 12 Ihrer App zu Grunde liegt.

Bitte teilen Sie mir freundlicherweise mit, ob es auch eine Vive-App für Android 13

gibt oder wo ich sie erhalten kann.

Vielen Dank im Voraus

Herbert