VIVE XR Elite Software 1.0.999.540– Release Notes

C.T.

VIVE XR Elite Software (FOTA 6.7) 1.0.999.540
Released January 10, 2024

What's new

• Added support for the new VIVE Full Face Tracker.
  • A new beta feature, “Eye-gaze targeting”, lets you aim with your eyes and select with your hands or controllers.
  • Support for Wi-Fi 6E is now available in Taiwan, Italy, Malta, Greece, Austria, Finland, Luxembourg, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, and Lithuania.
  • You can now reset your viewing angle in VR by long pressing the VIVE button on your controller.
  • You can now use VIVE Streaming Hub to wirelessly mirror what you see in your headset to your PC.
  • An option to set a time for automatic system updates has been added in Settings.
  • You can now manage access permissions (microphone, camera, and storage) for any app on the headset.

User experience improvements

• Improved the look and feel of the UI for the browser casting feature.
  • Reduced the time it takes to update the firmware for VIVE Ultimate Trackers.
  • Updated the UI and added support for controllers for the “Touch controls” beta feature, which lets you manipulate the UI directly with your hands.
  • Enhanced floor detection when the headset is in Instant mode.

Fixed issues

• Fixed a rendering issue that would occur when switching video scenes in OpenXR content (for example, Virtual Desktop).

My face tracker arrived today - it does not let me calibrate it and the firmware updater stays stuck on 0% when I try to update it from the headset or the phone app. Automatic IPD adjustment works fine. Any ideas?Screenshot_20240112-215749.thumb.png.575202871b308c84286be87217f13771.png