Will this powerbank work with the Vive Wireless Adapter for a Cosmos Elite?

Hello, I'm considering getting a wireless adapter but the 2-2.5 hour battery life kinda put me off.

I've been doing some digging looking for banks that might keep things running for much longer.

From what I understand it needs to be at least 21w and support QC3.0

I'm currently looking at this specific power bank on Amazon that claims to deliver 25w and has QC3.0

I was hoping someone who understands this kinda stuff could confirm whether or not this bank would work? I'd hate to purchase it just to find out it won't work for the Cosmos Elite wireless adapter.

I'm aware it's also quite big, the plan is to keep it in a fannypack or something whilst in VR.

Here's a link to the amazon page; https://www.amazon.co.uk/ARTINABS-30000mAh-Portable-powerbank-Smartphones/dp/B0CL7KCFXT/

• 1 month later...
On 3/6/2024 at 4:29 AM, SapphireSouls said:

Hello, I'm considering getting a wireless adapter but the 2-2.5 hour battery life kinda put me off.

I've been doing some digging looking for banks that might keep things running for much longer.

From what I understand it needs to be at least 21w and support QC3.0

I'm currently looking at this specific power bank on Amazon that claims to deliver 25w and has QC3.0

I was hoping someone who understands this kinda stuff could confirm whether or not this bank would work? I'd hate to purchase it just to find out it won't work for the Cosmos Elite wireless adapter.

I'm aware it's also quite big, the plan is to keep it in a fannypack or something whilst in VR.

Here's a link to the amazon page; https://www.amazon.co.uk/ARTINABS-30000mAh-Portable-powerbank-Smartphones/dp/B0CL7KCFXT//https://www-adpvantage.com

Hello,

For the Cosmos Elite wireless adapter, you’re correct that it requires a power bank that supports at least 21W and QC3.0 for optimal performance. The power bank you’re considering claims to deliver 25W and has QC3.0 support, which should technically meet the requirements of the Cosmos Elite wireless adapter.

However, it’s always best to check the compatibility of the power bank with the specific model of your wireless adapter. You can usually find this information in the product description or by contacting the manufacturer’s customer support. Additionally, reading through customer reviews and questions on the Amazon product page might provide insights into whether others have successfully used it with the Cosmos Elite wireless adapter.

Carrying the power bank in a fannypack is a practical solution if it’s quite large, as long as it doesn’t interfere with your movement while in VR. Make sure to secure it properly to avoid any accidents during use.

Remember to also consider the weight and dimensions of the power bank to ensure it’s comfortable for extended VR sessions. Comfort is key when you’re immersed in a virtual environment for a long time.

Best Regard,
ryan1969