Vive & TrackIR

Matti

Vive works with Vive compatible games. TrackIR is an entirely different system. For a list of Vive compatible titles, you can either download Viveport or search through the Steam library which will tell you which games are Vive compatible.

Thanks!

-John C

I believe just about any game can be played in the Vive but if they are 2D games (meant to be played on a monitor (Quake-2)) then you'll end up playing them in theater mode on a theater looking screen within VR. As for Track ir, I have no idea.

Regards: Jack

wrote:

That's true. You can use it like a display, but it's not going to have tracking or anything like that.

That is where TrackIR would come to play in games that have support for it. Unless its simultaneous use with Vive would cause error 301 or something. Has anyone tried of it?

• 4 months later...

So has anyone got TrackIR to work with Vive? Is it possible to disable head tracking in Vive, use TrackIR for that instead, and use Vive's screen as just another monitor for that purpose? Reason for this should be obvious: Vive & its screen turns along with the head while monitor doesn't, and that would provide more quality games (with TrackIR support) to play with Vive.

If answer is still no-no, can you recommend me a headset for purpose mentioned above?

Archived