Focus 3 LBE tracking issues

To start things off: We want to create a shared space Multiuser application with the LBE Mode of the Vive Focus 3.

We aquired two Focus 3 Headsets and got ourselfs a vive Business Pro + license with two seats.

We created a group and a batch configuration and distributeted a map that we measured with one of the HMDs.
The Map consists of 4 segments with a size of 4m * 4m with four segments with 2m*2m each.
The pattern was created with Tape sticked on the floor. I attached an Image of the map to this Topic.

The sync of the Map seems to work since the VBPconsole did not throw an error.

Now the problem which occured to us:

As soon as we put on a HMD the screen showes a black image with a loading icon in the middle. Which does not seem to finish whatever it's loading.
Is this the Headset trying to find feature Points in the Map? If so, is it our map that could be improved or may lighting or other factors be the problem?
Am I supposed to stand still while the loading screen is showing or shall I move through the room looking at the floor?

I hope someone here could help me with this issue.

Kind regards,
Lucas from Lightshape

Image.jpg

Hi Lucas. My name is Oeds. I'm not with HTC, but am actually in a similar situation as you are, with 2 headsets and just starting out testing LBE mode.

The black image with the HTC logo loading is indeed happening whenever the headset lost / never had its tracking. When I walk into my testing set--up, which looks awfully similar to yours, I usually just hold the headset and point it in a few directions, and it picks it up.

Sadly, I do not have the answer as to why it is not working for you, as I said, your set-up is very similar to mine. We also have a dark floor, decent lightning and tape all over the floor. However, I did also have tape on some surrounding furniture, such as the closets. As far as I know, the headset will try to map any feature points around the environment, so perhaps it will help your case?

Best regards,
Oeds from EasySee

Hi @Lightshape & @Oeds,

When it shows the VIVE Logo loding icon, means still find the map.
Please make sure you are on the place that you scan your map. Also you can look around.

Make sure the HMD have collect enough featuers when you scan. This means scan more and look more while creating an LBE map.

If it still stuck in spinning logo and can not retrive positions, please contact your HTC Sales (The contact window when you purchase the VB+ license) and they would guide you to get the debug tool. 

Thank you @Oeds and @Vivi Wu,
yesterday we refined our pattern with a few more tape stripes. It seems like this was indeed the issue.
The HMDs find the Map now quite fast, similar to the description of Oeds.

Have a nice weekend and happy coding! 

• Like 1