VIVE XR Elite Software 1.0.999.624 – Release Notes

C.T.

7 hours ago, Beta_Tester said:

The AP that I think the headset connected to is upstairs on a different floor. The MAC of the radio ends in D7.

The one that I am actually seeing with a higher power (using WiFi Analyser) ends in 11 and is the router which is right next to the play area downstairs. The router and AP are several metres apart and separated by a floor.

Can you confirm that the headset is connecting to the one ending in D7?

Yes, d7 has stronger signal than 11.

On 5/5/2024 at 2:12 AM, C.T. said:

Yes, d7 has stronger signal than 11.

Thanks for your help on this. The upstairs AP was using 160Mhz channel width, and the downstairs router was using the more common 80 MHz channel width. Obviously 160 MHz is affected more by walls and floors and subject to more interference.

However, as there didn't appear to be any way to change the channel width on each AP, I swapped the 2 APs round and now have perfect performance again.

7 minutes ago, Beta_Tester said:

Thanks for your help on this. The upstairs AP was using 160Mhz channel width, and the downstairs router was using the more common 80 MHz channel width. Obviously 160 MHz is affected more by walls and floors and subject to more interference.

However, as there didn't appear to be any way to change the channel width on each AP, I swapped the 2 APs round and now have perfect performance again.

Great 🙂