Jump to content

VIVE XR Elite Software 1.0.999.624 – Release Notes


C.T.

Recommended Posts

VIVE XR Elite Software (FOTA 7.0) 1.0.999.624
Released on April 10, 2024

What's new

  • Support for VIVE Business+ Pro and Ultimate is now available, for access to enterprise features such as VIVE Location-Based Software Suite, tracking map synchronization, batch configuration, remote device monitoring, and so on. For more information, visit our VIVE Business+ website. 
  • For 2D Android apps: 
    • App controls (such as playback controls) can now be displayed when 2D apps are in full screen mode. 
    • Beta feature: Multi-touch interaction can be set up through controller button mapping. 
  • A “Downloading” filter is added in the Library, which displays apps that are currently downloading on the headset.  The Library also keeps your most recent filter setting.
  • Support for Wi-Fi 6E is now available in Norway. 

User experience improvements

  • Improved hand tracking with latency reduction, search recovery speed, and precise gesture recognition.
  • The headset will stay on while transferring files through a USB cable. 
  • The headset will prompt you to switch to Passenger mode if your environment can’t support tracking. 
  • You can now double-click the Shift key on the keyboard to turn Caps Lock on (just like on the phone).
  • Updated the list of time zones in Settings. 

For developers

  • Added support for hand grasp gesture. 
  • Added support for VIVE Ultimate Tracker POGO pin menu input and haptic output. 

Fixed issue

  • Updated the Wi-Fi firmware to address the low throughput issue which affects VIVE Streaming.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/10/2024 at 7:13 AM, C.T. said:

Fixed issue

  • Updated the Wi-Fi firmware to address the low throughput issue which affects VIVE Streaming.

Finding performance on VIVE streaming to be far worse than before this update. I could generally run VIVE Streaming on full 200Mbps with Dynamic bitrate disabled. Now I have to either have it enabled or drop the bitrate down to around 100Mbps before I get a consistent experience.

Definitely a step back from my point of view.

Happy to generate a trace if you need it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Beta_Tester said:

Finding performance on VIVE streaming to be far worse than before this update. I could generally run VIVE Streaming on full 200Mbps with Dynamic bitrate disabled. Now I have to either have it enabled or drop the bitrate down to around 100Mbps before I get a consistent experience.

Definitely a step back from my point of view.

Happy to generate a trace if you need it

Yes, logs will be very helpful for us to understand where went wrong. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi @C.T. - worked out that the headset was connecting to an AP elsewhere and not reattaching to the AP in the play area.

I appreciate that for day-to-day usage this wouldn't be a problem, but surely the signal  threshold for reattaching to a closer AP should be much higher when using Vive Streaming?

I'll see if I can replicate and send a trace.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/13/2024 at 10:42 PM, Beta_Tester said:

Hi @C.T. - worked out that the headset was connecting to an AP elsewhere and not reattaching to the AP in the play area.

I appreciate that for day-to-day usage this wouldn't be a problem, but surely the signal  threshold for reattaching to a closer AP should be much higher when using Vive Streaming?

I'll see if I can replicate and send a trace.

 

Mesh setup?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

@C.T. I had this issue again. The headset connected to the AP in another room and stayed connected to it, even after rebooting the headset. The signal strength would have been sufficient for day-to-day tasks, but not for Vive Streaming. At no point did the headset reconnect to the AP in the play area during my 1 hour session. I had to drop the bitrate right down to get a stable stream.

I've generated a trace - although I never got a number - but it is marked for your attention.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Beta_Tester said:

@C.T. I had this issue again. The headset connected to the AP in another room and stayed connected to it, even after rebooting the headset. The signal strength would have been sufficient for day-to-day tasks, but not for Vive Streaming. At no point did the headset reconnect to the AP in the play area during my 1 hour session. I had to drop the bitrate right down to get a stable stream.

I've generated a trace - although I never got a number - but it is marked for your attention.

sure, let me check on the system 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/29/2024 at 6:21 PM, Beta_Tester said:

@C.T. I had this issue again. The headset connected to the AP in another room and stayed connected to it, even after rebooting the headset. The signal strength would have been sufficient for day-to-day tasks, but not for Vive Streaming. At no point did the headset reconnect to the AP in the play area during my 1 hour session. I had to drop the bitrate right down to get a stable stream.

I've generated a trace - although I never got a number - but it is marked for your attention.

So, we’d like to check with you a few things and maybe it can be helpful for your setup.

1. How’s the router/AP placement at your environment? We found that there are indeed 2 are in query for connection, and we choose the better one for the headset. Not by the location, but the better signal strength to the headset. 
2. 2 APs seems are running different bandwidth or RF power, not for sure. You can alter the settings that closes to your play area for better selection.

3. we generally don’t recommend user using mesh setup, as settings are slightly difficult to fine tune, even for us. 
 

In short, without knowing the settings in detail, but by log we suspect that 2 APs are less than 1 meter apart. 
 

See if above information helps, and let me know the result or detail. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The AP that I think the headset connected to is upstairs on a different floor. The MAC of the radio ends in D7.

The one that I am actually seeing with a higher power (using WiFi Analyser) ends in 11 and is the router which is right next to the play area downstairs. The router and AP are several metres apart and separated by a floor.

Can you confirm that the headset is connecting to the one ending in D7?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...