HTC Vive less then 30 days refund?

The Half Elf

So I bought my HTC Vive through HTC on Amazon on July 30th, and now less then a month later it dropped in price. And from what I can tell from Amazon, I can repackage the entire thing and return it and then wait months for a refund.

Hey HTC, how about you send me one of those new head-straps and I'll call it even instead?

They would not, so had to pack up my favorite new toy and returned it today.  Yesterday the price was still 799 on Amazon, today it's now 599. So due to HTC not updating the price before I packed it back up I still had to return it. 

Just sucks that I'll then have to wait up to a month for my Amazon refund, turn around and re-purchase it again.

And I won't even mention my buddies issues trying to get one of his lighthouse sensor's RMA'd when they first told him they would replace it, and then told him they were waiting on a part.

And wow a 2 month back order wait time to get it through Amazon? Reason I chose Amazon is I work for them and along with my employee discount and gift cards from Amazon Prime Week, and Amazon Peak it was pretty cheap.

I'm not clear what you are asking for but HTC cannot issue refunds for orders placed outside of our site.

Regarding your buddy's rma issue, please have him contact vive_care@vive.com with his ticket number(s) and contact info so that we can look into it for him.

Thanks!

John

Archived