FATAL ERROR CODE help

cwobara123

First few minutes of anything VR are smooth. After those few minutes it starts to stutter really bad then crashes with this error code. Only way to keep things smooth is by moving my mouse before it stutters then crashes. Then the timer resets before it starts to crash again.

Hi , in order to figure out what's happening I'll need relevant details such as GPU, OS, ect.. This error has typically been related to the following: 

1) GPU driver errors (especially on integrated graphics). 

2) Power conservation features that are designed to turn off idle displays after a set amount of time

1080 FTW Hybrid

16gb 1866mhz RAM

1000W PSU 

Windows 10 x64

It was working fine until i did a driver update. I rolled back the driver but still had the same issue. Then I used DDU to uninstall the driver and reinstalled  a few drivers; before the one that gave me this issue. 

Its weird that as long as I move my mouse on my deskstop it doesnt freeze and give me that error. I already tried turning off my keyboard and mouse, but with no success.

Different drivers dont work and I feel that upadating my driver could have caused this bug.

In the end ill try installing vive on a different rig and see if its a windows bug maybe.

Thanks for any further help.

, I'm still very interested in the results of your test. This very much sounds like a PC side issue rather than an issue with an HMD hardware issue. Especially if you're able to use the Vive so long as you don't use the KB + mouse. Although it's a nuclear option, you may have something funky deep within your windows installation or your registry and may benefit from a clean install. 

The first thing I do when things start acting strange is fire up SteamVR, go to options, developer and scroll down to where you can reset the USB drivers. Oddly enough, this often fixes problems, seems various windows or other software update seem to mess with USB drivers and messes up how the Vive works.

Regards: Jack

Archived