Vive Business Streaming 1.15.11c - Public Release notes

VIVE Business Streaming – 1.15.11c – PUBLIC release notes

Released on August 16th, 2024

VIVE Business streaming server

• Significant performance improvement with reduced encoding latency, especially for Ultra mode. (Available with Nvidia GPU now)
  • [VRChat] Added support to VRCFT external module to enhance facial expression in VRChat.
  • [VRChat] Added hand tracking support to VRChat.
  • [OpenXR] Fixed hand tracking flickering issue with Unity apps.
  • [OpenXR] Fixed head-lock panel behavior with Projected Passthrough.
  • [OpenXR] Improved hand skeleton model accuracy via XR_EXT_hand_tracking API Layer to bypass SteamVR.
  • [OpenXR] Added support to projected passthrough of XR_HTC_passthrough extentsion.
    • Known issue: low FPS with Ultra mode and Passthrough with AMD GPU.
  • [OpenXR] Fixed a flickering issue with OpenXR contents, such as Beat Saber.
  • [Enterprise] Added support for trigger emulate and table static events for VIVE Ultimate Tracker. (VBS PC SDK 0.12.1 or newer required)
  • Enhanced controller tracking behavior by revising controller prediction.
  • Fixed an issue where the hand tracking scalar could be incorrect.
  • Fixed a potential issue which could cause abnormal hand tracking rotation in some contents. 
  • Fixed an issue which could prevent VIVE Wrist Trackers and VIVE Ultimate Trackers from working correctly at the same time..
  • Fixed wrong floor height issue with seated mode content. For example: Quantaar.
  • Fixed a potential SteamVR crash issue when closing/restarting SteamVR.
  • Your customized SteamVR skybox background will no longer be replaced with the VIVE Streaming background.
  • Refined the identification of Unreal Engine contents for MR handling.
  • Update the log pruning mechanism to stop the log size from growing unexpectedly.

VIVE Business streaming app (1.0.21.14)

• New in-VR settings UI release.
  • Fixed an issue which SteamVR could be restarted after headset suspend/resume with facial tracker connected.
  • Revised reconnecting flow for better USB connection handling.
  • Resolved a potential hand tracking data lost issue in some network environments.
  • [OpenXR] Fixed an issue when both hands are out of FOV.
  • [Enterprise] Fixed a bug where VB+ VBS option “Allow wireless” being overwritten.

I've just updated and the app and server to latest and hand tracking has stopped working.  I tried re-reregistering the OpenXR extensions without success.  Anyone else seen this? Any idea how to fix?

안녕하세요.
저는 한국에서 VIVE FOCUS 3 를 사용중인데.
1.15.11c version 을 설치한 뒤로 VRChat 을 접속할 때,
계속 컨트롤러를 핸드트래킹으로 인식하는 현상이 나타나고 있습니다.

핸드트래킹  관련 설정을 모두 사용안함으로 바꾸었지만, 여전히 핸드트래킹으로 인식하고 있습니다.
정확하게 VRChat 에서만 그런 현상이 나타나고 있습니다.

Hello,

I’m currently using the VIVE FOCUS 3 in Korea, and since installing version 1.15.11c, I've been encountering an issue where the controllers are consistently recognized as hand tracking devices when I access VRChat.

I've already disabled all hand tracking-related settings, but the problem persists, specifically only in VRChat. Could you please look into this issue and suggest any potential solutions?

Thank you for your assistance!

Hello!

We are using the VIVE Business Streaming App with a Unity App using Azure Kinect.

Ever since this update of the Business Streaming App, our Unity application throws DllNotFoundExceptions for the k4a.dll of the Kinect DK.

When I uninstall Business Streaming, our Unity app works again as expected, so something within the Business Streaming app is interfering here now.

Is there any way to get an older version of the Business Streaming app for development purposes until a potential fix for this issue?

Best regards.

Since this update. It looks like hands get deformed using the Unity XRHands package and "XR Hand skeleton driver ".

Left: XRHandSkeletonDriver script from XRHands

Right: HandMeshManager from experimental Vive OpenXR RealisticHandInteration

xr_hands_after3.png

Edited by vrp_vh

On 8/18/2024 at 1:27 AM, HappyTree said:

I’m currently using the VIVE FOCUS 3 in Korea, and since installing version 1.15.11c, I've been encountering an issue where the controllers are consistently recognized as hand tracking devices when I access VRChat.

I've already disabled all hand tracking-related settings, but the problem persists, specifically only in VRChat. Could you please look into this issue and suggest any potential solutions?

I can attest to this issue. I am having it too.

On 8/21/2024 at 3:23 AM, Rainbow_T said:

Is there any way to get an older version of the Business Streaming app for development purposes until a potential fix for this issue?

Seconded. I would also like to know if I can get an older version back for now (like 1.14.8a) since the new input system worked very well with that version.

On 8/18/2024 at 1:27 PM, HappyTree said:

안녕하세요.
저는 한국에서 VIVE FOCUS 3 를 사용중인데.
1.15.11c version 을 설치한 뒤로 VRChat 을 접속할 때,
계속 컨트롤러를 핸드트래킹으로 인식하는 현상이 나타나고 있습니다.

핸드트래킹  관련 설정을 모두 사용안함으로 바꾸었지만, 여전히 핸드트래킹으로 인식하고 있습니다.
정확하게 VRChat 에서만 그런 현상이 나타나고 있습니다.

Hello,

Thank you for your assistance!

https://www.uploadvr.com/vrchat-native-hand-tracking-pc/

I saw this recently, anything relate to what your seeing?

"VRChat Now Has Support For Hand Tracking On PC" since Augest 14