Are reflective surfaces still a problem?

DjBasA

I wouldn't rule it out. I don't know exactly what they did to fix the reflection issue, but as you can imagine, some surfaces/objects are going to reflect differently that others, so it's likely not a simple issue that can be resolved with a software update.

In our own tests we find that reflections still provide a challenge and recommend that such surfaces be covered or moved when possible.

Thank you,

-John C

Am I correct in surmising that you are considering getting Vive but you don't have it yet?
You mentioned shutters that you can close? I wouldn't worry about windows too much, mirrors and other opaque but reflective objects tend to cause more trouble.

Thanks,

-John C

• 4 months later...

Hi,

My 2c as a humble new user...

I had a huge tinted window. I was plagued by tracking problems for days. I places a curtain in front of the big window, and ALL of my problems disappeared. Completely.

(Night time, daytime, shutters... didn't make a difference)

I would get rid of ANYTHING reflective. And especially Windows.

Merc.

A tinted window would definitely cause a problem! Usually, thick curtains are the best solution to that type of issue! If you don't have curtains at the moment, you can test with a thick blanket just to see how it looks.

Thanks,

-John C

Archived