mrgrosser Posted November 16, 2017 Share Posted November 16, 2017 Where to begin. It all started with a firmware update for my basestations. After that, there was a fault with one of them. This was back on May 31st of 2017. I wasn't quite ready to send the device and followed a firmware rollback thread and the device functioned as normal, for a while. I eventually started noticing some deadzones while playing VR games. tried updating the firmware again and the basestation was unusable. So I started the RMA process. This was August 1st, 2017. I sent in my device. They received the device on August 7th, and I chatted with Sam Cassel via Clickdesk/Vive Support Chat on August 10th to confirm it was received as I got no notification it was. I chatted with Laura C a week later to say the ticket isn't updating. She said, "Laura C.: Thank you so much for waiting, Robert :) In this case I would like to let you know that we are working on Base Station, since we are having this sync issue, it will take a while for you to see the progress nevertheless we will make sure to notify you once it is sent, our back office stated that we were waiting for the parts to get the Base Station fully repaired, so please wait a little bit more for us, remember the process may take up to 10 business days, ok?" At that point, about half of the 10 business days were up. Then I got an email about the repair warehouse being shut down because of the hurrican that was going through Texas at the time. I never heard anything about the repair resuming. So I reached out on Sept 15 and chatted with Juan. Juan tracked down my ticket and responded with " Juan P.: Robert great news, thanks for waiting Juan P.: The case owner will contact you on the next 24 hours Juan P.: with the info about the case Juan P.: (probably with the tracking number) " No such email or contact ever came. On Sept 21 I reached out via chat again, and got Laura C, once again. Laura told me " Laura C.: Hmm if you don't want to be inconvenienced, I would say to contact us back on Monday of next week. Laura C.: Today we requested updates and they normally take 1 week to get to us. " I waited, kind of patiently until Oct 4th. Wednesday of the following week... I got Laura via Chat again who said John from Escalations was going to call me. "Laura C.: Perfect, I will let him know then, Robert and once more time I do want to apologize for this headache, I know you may be tired of all of this, however no worries, we ARE working on this and we WILL give you a resolution." John never called. John emailed the following day, Oct 5th with "We tried calling you today to you an update, unfortunately we were not forwarded to your voicemail. This is an update about your repair. Rest assured that your repair ticket is being monitored everyday by our escalations agent.We'll send you another email once there is an update from our repair center." There were no missed calls, no voicemail that was full. I chatted with someone again the next week. To which I was told escalations will reach out again. I got "We do apologize if we failed to send an update. We know you've been waiting for your device for a long time. We can assure you that ticket is monitored daily. And this has been communicated with our repair center everyday." At this stage of the game, I requested someone call me. I was leaving the country for 3 weeks and didn't want my device magically delivered while I was out of town. They confirmed that any possible shipping of said device should be put on hold until Nov 6th. I chatted with someone when I got back hoping my device was repaired and ready to ship. Shocker, it wasn't. Instead I was told escalations department is handling it, they'll reach out. Yesterday, Nov 15th, 2017 I got this response. "This is a follow-up email about your Base Station, that was sent for repair. We sent another communication to our Repair facility, asking if the repair process is done and if possible to get an estimated time of its delivery. As soon as we get a response from them, we'll send another email to update you. Rest assured we'll continue to work on this and closely monitor the case." This has taken 3 1/2 months so far. 3 1/4 if you count how long HTC has had it in their hands. If it is lost, just admit it and send me a replacement. I don't know what else to do at this point. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.