Controller not visible or not stable at all (to infinity and beyond...)

MrSojiro

Dear HTC Vive support team,

I have recently purchased the HTC Vive on your web site, and was very impatient to use it (I’ve waited 1 year before decide myself to buy a VR headset).

Everything was really easy to setup, and I was finally ready to try it. THEN, the worst happened : One of my controller were detected by both station, but, on my headset, it was shaking as hell, and sometime, going away on the floor (“NNNnnoooo….”) going LITERALY under the floor… I was like “what the…”, and I noticed on the SteamVR that my controller wasn’t “visible” anymore. Even if I placed it NEAR the other controller (which is fully functional), the controller wasn’t visible at all (nor usable). Sometime, it appears it front of me, but immediately after, it shakes, travel into space / wall / floor, to disappear again….

Honestly, it cost me 723€ to get this set (A LOT of money >.<), which is supposedly brand new…this shouldn’t even happens :/

Here are some informations :

-              I purchased the bundle (HTC Vive) : Tuesday 31/10/2017

-              I received the package on Thursday 02/11/2017 (yay !)

What I’ve already tried :

• Reboot SteamVR ADN the computer
  • Reboot the controller
  • Reset the controller
  • Unpair the controller with steamVR AND the console
  • Change the position of the station
  • Try the “plug/unplug USB on the controller fix”
  • Change the USB of the hub (2.0 AND 3.0)
  • Update firmware
  • Update Computer software

My hardware :

• Motherboard : MSI H170 Gaming M3
  • CPU : i5-6600 @ 3.3 GHz
  • GPU : MSI Geforce 1060
  • RAM : 16 Go

Here you can find :

• A link which show what bother me :

Nothing of that has worked…

Did someone know how to fix that? Do you have a tool to diagnose the controller? Which god should I pray? (Sorry, even if this situation is clearly dramatic, I take it with a lot of humor, because this is all I have)

Oh and, sorry if my English is not totally accuracy, I’m French :p (no, I won’t surrender)

EDIT : i forgot to mension that my controller was on RMA last week.....it didn't change anything...

EDIT 2 : Just in case :p  

Kind regards,

MrSojiro

That is often caused by environmental factors, especially reflective surfaces. You have covered any mirrors, or reflective glass panels that might cause signal interference in the optical tracking system, yes? Could you please send a few photographs of your set up so we can examine it?

Thank you,

-John C

Archived