Problem redeeming code - Steam account maybe the cause?

Marneus

Early today I bought the HTC Vive (yay!) and I also bought Front Defense. I'm trying to redeem the code following the instructions on the e-mail, but it says code invalid.

I've noted that this maybe because I used my Steam account as loging method (I did not want to have yet another account to memorize).

Is there any solution or way to redeem my code?

Thanks!

I'll check and see if there are any reported issues with that method. However, if it just says "Code invalid" that's probably not related. You're redeeming the code in the Vive software, right? Can you post a screenshot of the error you're getting?

Thanks,

-John C

Hi. Yes, I'm using the VIVE app.

When I bought the HTC VIVE Black Friday bundle (EU) AND Front Defense (at 4,99€) I got an invoice with 2 redeem codes. One for the bundle software (Fallout 4, Doom VR, and the Google Brush) and the other for Front Defense.

When I bought all that, instead of making a new HTC account I used my already existing Steam account.

When I try to redeem any of the codes using the VIVE app, I get this message:

I've received the HTC Vive + Audio pack this morning, wich is very comendable. However, there was no activation code for neither Front Defense or for the Doom VR, Fallout 4 and Google Tilt Brush pack. So I only have the ones that came in the e-mail and that both the VIVE app and the VIVE webpages say that they are invalid. I just tried again. Could I get a solution, please?

OK, there was indeed a code inside the box, at the very bottom, my fault. With that code, wich was very different from the one in the e-mail I got, I could redeem the bundle (Fallout, Doom and Google Brush). I used the VIVE app, where it not worked, but I followed the 10 digit link at the bottom and after playing guesss what's a traffic signal for a minute I was able to redeem my bundle.

I still miss Front Defense, wich I've ended buying again in Steam.

Archived