Buffering Issue

CyborgCabbage

I have a probem where, seemingly randomly, the games I play will just buffer. By 'buffer' I mean It puts me in a black room with a picture of the game and a buffering symbol. I didn't think much of it at first and thought my cpu or gpu was just not very good but then I checked task manager when I was playing superhot and found that my GPU was only at 15%, and my CPU was at 80%.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

This is a function of SteamVR often called a transition sreen that occurs when the frame rate drops below a certain threshold (typically 45 fps) and pops up to prevent you from becoming motion sick. If you're seeing it frequently, that means something is bottlenecking your performance. It's often related to CPU bottlenecking. Is your game running on an SSD; it could be related to HD speed? I think a good place to start troubleshooting is the performance tab of SteamVR's settings. Make sure that interleaved reprojection is switched off and that asynchronous reprojection is turned on. That will ensure that you see less dropped frames triggering the transition screen 

Archived