Vive Tracker Developer Guidelines (v1.5)

HackPerception

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hello.

Is there a similar document but for controller? I've spend whole yesterday trying to find any reference material. I want to know where exactly is center of coordinate reference frame of a controller.

Like this:

There isn't a full Are you looking for the coordinate system as reported by OpenVR or via a specific game engine (Unity or UE4). The Vive tracker has radial symmetry whereas since the controller is more assymetric, the game engines often add abstraction layers because they're working with a full 3D model and there are "interaction points"

I am getting coordinates and rotation matrix via OpenVR. So, for integration in mind I want to know where is coordinate origin of the control. Around which physical space I can turn my control around without changing it's position and only change yaw,pitch,roll angles? Where is this point in relation to physical device?

Alright! Thank you for that information ! It's better then nothing.

Thought for my application I would relly like to have something much more specific. 

I want to use Vive Controller as a position/orientation ground truth recorder/detector for some other device that I Want to tell me same information. For that I am planning to design and 3D print a mount that would hold my device and attach to the controller. To math to work I would like to have precise relative position/orientation between my device and center of rotation of the vive controller.

• 2 months later...

I cannot create a post to be able to get help from a developer but I am having troubles with my vive trackers and none of the support lines or online services can help my issue, can you link me where i can post my issue and recieve help?