The worst CS experience ever. I don't know what to do.

ryze

Back in August, I contacted HTC support about a faulty base station. It had a solid red light and wasn't working properly. I contacted customer support, and they stated that it was a known defect and they could help me get it repaired quickly. The support chat person was very friendly and seemed eager to help. They generated a ticket, told me to ship both base stations (even though only one was faulty), and told me that it should take no longer than 10 days to get them back to me.

To make a long story short, the ticket tracking system never worked from day 1, and it appears that they don't actually track repairs anyways. Days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months. Every time I contacted support they told me that they apologize for the delay and they promised that they would personally update me through the process to ensure that I get my base stations back. No one ever contacted me. Ever. I waited 3-4 weeks between checking in with support and each time, they said the same thing, promising that everything is fine and I will get my base stations back soon. I realized later that they are not actual employees of HTC, but instead a third party support desk. I think they are only supposed to keep customers calm.

3 months later, I received a package from HTC. It was 1 of my 2 base stations. I contacted support again to find out why I'm only receiving one of my 2 base stations, and was told the same thing, that a new ticket would be created and it would be sent back soon. That was in early October. The new ticket was the same as the last. No updates on the ticket and support knew nothing about it. They did, however, promise me that this time would be different and the other base station would ship soon. They said the last time was a glitch and I would not have to wait as long. It's been over 2 months, and I'm still waiting.

It is now mid December, a full 5 months later, and it appears that HTC has no intention of sending my base station back to me. I just do not know what to do at this point. I feel like the victim of a theft or scam. Under the guise of wanting to help me, they took something from me and I don't think anyone at HTC cares enough to just give it back. I've always been friendly with the support people and tried to convince them to give a little extra effort to actually help me, but every time it's as if they have as much control over this situation as I do.

They told me this would take no longer than 10 days, but it has been 115 and counting. I just don't know what to do.

Hi Ryze. I'm very sorry to hear about this experience. Thank you for reaching out to us here with your story and explaining what has happened. We want to make this right. I'm sending you a PM right now. Please respond to it with the details requested and we'll do our best to resolve this ASAP for you.

Thank you!

-John C

Archived