Change Vive account login/email

NorCal

I set up my Vive account using my Google login. Now I can't change it and I bought a subscription so deleting my account is not an option. I want to change my login so that it is not connected to my Google account. Right now it won't even let me change my password because it says my email is not recognized. 

You can create a new account with the gmail account you used to sign in for the Google account.  This will register as a new account (not under the Google authentication mechanism).  The challenge is if your subscription is already associated with the Google Account authentication, you won't be able to migrate that over.

Let me know if I misunderstood your post.

Thank you,

JohnG

I understand, but the subscription already shows under my account associated with Google. Is there no way to change that? I don't access my Google account on the machine I play on, and I don't want my info stored on there. I would log in just using the email it shows but the login system doesn't recognize that as existing.

Thanks 

Unfortunately we don't have a mechanism to transfer the subscription.  The login system will not recognize your email address as an existing account, you would need to create a new account with that email address. When you used the Google SSO, the HTC account used an authentication token to create the account, not the actual email address for your Google account.

Archived