Won't install software because sign in

Kenn

Im going through the steps for the vive set up and at 1.1 for the software install. It ask you what drive do you want  to install it in. When you pick the drive and start the installation it ask you to sign into an HTC account. WTF? why do i need to sign into an HTC to install. Just beacuse of a sign in I can't use the $800 dollars i wasted on this vr headset. WHY, this is so dumb and honsetly if oculus doesn't have these bull**bleep** sign in. Then that would be better. HTC PLEASE FIX. 

The installer installs Viveport which is a content store and also installs additional drivers and services which enable additional features which will otherwise be disabled without the install (such as notifications from paired android devices). Depending on your promotional offer, you likely have free content that will only be accessibly via the Viveport store. 

That said, you don't actually need to use this installer or to sign in to HTC services to use the Vive. Do can simply launch SteamVR through Steam (which will in turn require you to log into Steam's services). At this point in time, Oculus does actually require you to sign in to use the HMD, as you can see from this section of their knowledge base.

I'm not talking about viveport. im talking about the VIVE SETUP, either way SteamVR isnt working, when opened it says "Not Ready". even though i have everything setup on the hardware side. BUT, on software i still need to install the VIVE SETUP  (which is seperate from VIVEPORT).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived