Controller touchpad + other issues

Killboy

I have my controller almost for 2 years now should be around 1 year and 9 month  and now since like 2 weeks one of them makes problems . What it does right now is that most of the time (not always but like 80% of the time) the touchpad has tracking issuse of were my finger is . it still works sometimes but most of the time when i look at were it things my finger is it goes all over the place or it things that i dont have any finger on it at all. Sometimes it things my finger is in the top right corner even when it is in the bottom left. At the same time it can happen that it loses tracking and that the steam button doesnt work and it feels like the issue is connected to the trackpad only when that doesnt track my finger correctly only then it feels like i lose tracking and my steam button doesnt work. I dont know if it is a software problem or hardware because it still sometimes works and it loses tracking on the touchpad even when i dont move the controller . I tried all the things i found so far which could help like repairing and reseting the controller . the firmware is also the newest. Also i did notice the issue all of a sudden it wasnt after i hit something with it . I also have no idear if i could send it it for warranty i am in germany if that helps also if it needs to be repaired and it would cost me anything then i would open it myself i have some understanding of electroniks and if it is only a cable that is loose i can reconnect that without breaking it.

Have absolutely the same issue. When controller is "cold" and trackpad is used, trackpad becomes crazy and makes crazy the entire controller. When I use it for a while it becomes normal. I assume there's a crack in the soldering somewhere, which gets hot and "fixed" after a while of usage.

Hello, I have the same issue as well. I purchased my vive set December 2016 (a year and a month ago), how long does the warranty last ? How much will be a controller repair / replacement ? I'm in the UK. Please could you send some details.

Thanks,

Andrew

Dear Vive Support,

I figured what's wrong with the touchpad. It's definitely a software / hardware issue. But not the issue of a malfunctioning touch pad, but the issue of a fully functional, working touchpad. If you press the touchpad button, which means hard and at the same time will be trying to navigate youir finger around the pad, it becomes glitchy. And when touch pad becomes glitchy (registering multiple touches in different places, disappearing) and the entire controller becomes glitchy (disappearing, flying away). I tried a couple of perfectly working touch pads - same probelm. I hope it gets fixed in firmware upate soon.

P.S. I disassembled the controller and replugged the connectors, which magically solved tracking. So now everything works.

P.P.S. When in application you need to press and navigate, do it gently, hope it helps someone.

Andrew

Archived