My htc vive tracking problem

Dew

Been noticing some others over the past few months having the same problems. But i got my htc Vive yesterday and it worked fine for 2 and half hours. I left for a bit and then i came back and all night it said headset is "connected but not tracking" I was convinced that either one of my base stations or the head set was faulty. So i unplugged every thing and went to bed after hours of trying to get it to work. I woke up and tried it again. This time it worked flawless for 4 hours no tracking problems what so ever. i took a break to get food and since then it has been doing it again.

any help would be appreciated.

Notes: i have a lizard with a red heat light. but it was on both times it worked I vape and hadn't vaped at all/ much when they were working

Try going into the settings for your GPU and making sure that Steam & SteamVR are on maximum performance. Also make sure there is nothing whatsoever obstructing your HMD and the Lighthouses.

It may also help to use the included cable to link both the lighthouses together if the previous steps do not resolve your issue.

I'll try the GPU settings. My light houses and hmd have full view of each other. I already tried the cable link. But one thing I didn't mention is the controllers track absolutely perfect when um having these tracking troubles. And the head set worked once again today but then stopped working

Check the cables and make sure everything is plugged in firmly. In some cases, they can come slightly loose and you'll see stuff like this. Not often, but it does happen.

Another thing to check is to make sure that the HMD is clean. There's a cleaning wipe in the box, use that to make sure there's no grease or dirt on the HMD that could be disrupting the sensors.

Thanks,
-John C

Archived