Ingame hardware function for the home button (click hold-click)

Jonsonline

I would like to be able to click the button on the headset then click-hold the button once more to access the camera shortly before releasing back to the game. 

This would allow users to check their surroundings manually. Useful when needing to pick something up off your desk. 

Upvote the thread. 

You can actually do this now:
Open up SteamVR settings and go to Camera - Check Enable Camera and Allow Camera Room View

Then all you have to do is doubleclick the system button on your controller and you've got the famous "Tron-mode"

Thanks,

-John C

Alright this sort of helps. BUT, I know the camera can show the full spectrum. I want to see that. Most of my desk is all the same color and it is still disorientating, when I am just trying to quickly grab something (and take a drink), in "Tron mode" Cant I get a function that allows me to partition some of my view to seeing out of the camera when gaming?

The resolution of the camera is such that without that overlay, it would be disorienting and possibly cause motionsickness. I'm not aware of a method to remove that filter in SteamVR as it is. I took a look through the Workshop mods and didn't find anything either.

Thanks,

-John C

Archived