Demo games as subscription games

MamoruK

So this is the 2nd month in a row where we put a game in one of our 5 slots for games and it ended up being a demo, and not a full game. This is unacceptable, we am not paying for this sub to get demos. Do yu guys even vet the games that get put onto the library?

Subscription opt-in is at the developer's discretion. Developers ultimately control how their build is distributed and in which territories. It is never our mission to mandate how developers chose to distribute their content and are simply a platform from which to do so. Our QA process is primarily there to ensure the content launches, plays without issue, and is compatible with SteamVR.  

That said, we do encourage developers to clearly label subscription titles which are not complete titles as "lite" to avoid confusion and frustration It ultimately falls to individual developers to ensure they properly tag their builds. Which titles are you frustrated towards? I can ping these developers and encourage them to update their build's tags to properly reflect their offerings. 

It's also worth noting that we don't actually allow outright demos into subscription but since early access is so popular these definitions can get pretty blurry and can vary from dev to dev. 

edit: based on this thread, we're going to discuss new ways to encourage developers who self-submit to ensure demos and half-finished content cannot be tagged for subscription opt-in.  

Also don't allow "early access" games on your platform. Again we're not paying this subscription to play unfinished games. And again this is the 2nd month in a row that I now have a dead slot in my library. That is again unacceptable. Allowing games like this that are unfinished hurts your relationship with customers, and takes money out of your pocket.

Now I want to talk about how I'm going to get my slot back so that I can put in something that i'll actually be able to play longer that 30 minutes.

I totally disagree with the Early access statement. 
a lot of games are early access and are being worked on. As early consumers of VR we get to help make the games better. 
And i use Viveport especially for the EA games to see how they are, play them give feedback and eventually buy them if i like what i played. 
EA is the most important part of the Game Development. 
I do agree that Demos should not be on Viveport or at least not part of the Subscriptions. 

Archived