Recommended Hardware

brunobulso

Hello guys,

We are developing a game for our customer, and we need to set up 40 PCs to run the game in an event. The idea is to have a good computer to support VIVE applications for at least two years. I know there is a recommended configuration, but I want to ensure that we are buying the best cost-benefit for our scenario. We are using a computer exactly as the recommended in the official website, but we would like to know if we should buy a NVIDIA GTX 1070 or GTX 1080 to have a better experience with a good cost-benefit. 

Recommended Configuration by VIVE: 

Processor: Intel™ Core™ i5-4590 or AMD FX™ 8350, equivalent or better

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce™ GTX 1060 or AMD Radeon™ RX 480, equivalent or better. For additional graphics card options, view the complete list.

Memory: 4 GB RAM or more

I have more information about the game which may be helpful to identify how we are using the GPU and the game specs.

We are using the engine Unreal v4.18. The game is a world “outdoor”, and we used around 400 threes, stones, and mountains. The scenario is covered with snow, and we are using some realistic models. We are using polygons to create our scene. The actions and interactions are limited and aren’t complicated so far.
The last screen shows the GPU frame. In this case, we have a lot of objects using transparency instead of polygons. We are changing it to improve our performance and use polygons for almost all objects.

Archived