No detections during setup (usb or hdmi)

Sin950

I got tye vive on saturday and for most of the day before work, and night after work, and for the last 4 hours tonight (sunday) I have been trying to get the vive to work, but it hasn't connected once. My pc shows the drivers install, but the setup never connects. I have tried restarting the link box, the pc, reinstalling drivers, changing ports, and even bypassed the box with the USB yet nothing connects. I have a GeForce 1060 and a Ryzen 7 1700x. I have to use a mini display cable instead of an HDMI because the graphics card only has one HDMI slot which is where my monitor is plugged into. Please help

I was, and am using the same graphics card for both the monitor and the vive. But stupidly enough, I have never seen this happen before even when I was using dual monitors, but apparently the reason I was never getting any connections was because the HDMI to DVI cable I used was only plugged in 95% of the way because the tower case stopped it barely from plugging entirely into the video card causing it not to be read. So after literally cutting less than 1/8 of an inch off the case where it meets the video card, the cable plugs in fully and everything works fine and have had no problems since. I hate that it was something that insignificant, but it works so I cant complain. Thank you for your assistance anyway.

Archived