Touchpads on both controllers randomly stuck as "pressed".

DanS

Hi,

I'm playing a lot of Serious Sam VR with full locomotion enabled. Sometimes when I raise the thumb from the touchpad it remains active until I put down and raise my thumb again. This is causing very annoying involuntary movement in the game including turning which is extremly disorienting. The issue seems to be identical to this one: Problem-with-Controller-Trackpad-Need-some-help

Yeah it happens in Doom 3 BFG VR mod as well, and as far as I can remember it was always this way. 

I didn't try to recallibrate the controllers yet, but I did a fresh install of windows 10 a week ago and the issue was not resolved. One thing to note unlike MWilliamGoody2303 the issue is completly random and doesn't become more frequent as I play. I just finished an hour long session and it didn't happen once. However yesterday in the same amount of time it happened twice.

Regarding trying it in another room, I'm not sure it will be any help. I would expect to get some random tracking issues as well if that was interference. But I have none of those. It doesn't sound likely that it would effect only a specific "button" on both controllers.

Archived