Going on 6 weeks for repair that was suppose to take 2 weeks. Terrible communication from HTC.

eli431

Posting this here because talking to customer service has done nothing to resolve my situation. 

So I bought my Vive in January and was loving it for the first month, was even using it for a college project but immediately after doing a firmware update, one of my base stations had an internal hardware malfunction. I am not sure what caused it, but I contacted Vive through there Live Chat service and sent it in for repair. I was told it usually takes 7 - 10 business days but could take up to 2 weeks. Ok, no problem with that. However, Over the past 6 weeks, I have had to contact Vive 5 times.

First, they did not let me know they received my base station. Their "HTC Repair Tracker" shows that the initial request was sent but nothing has been updated since February. Would be nice if they actually used the system that they set up to let customers know the status of their expensive hardware. Thought it was just lost in the Limbo that is the USPS. After that, I have been told over and over again "Check back next week." Even getting "Check again next week, we MIGHT have the answer you have been waiting for" Gee that sounds reassuring.

My repair has now been escalated to upper management, but after 9 days, they still not have contacted me, or given me an update, or given me hope that I will be able to use my $600 piece of hardware soon. Look, if it is going to take 2 months to repair just tell me it's going to take 2 months. At the very least don't leave your customers in the dark. At the time of writing, I have no idea when I will receive my base station and have heard nothing from them. Why escalate it to "Upper Management" if it fixes absolutely nothing? 

Archived